By Marc Pauwels, Dr.-Ing., TVM, CVS, FSAVE – Director of Global Affairs, SAVE International
The first two months are over since I began my term as the SAVE International Director of Global Affairs. I am very grateful that so much trust is given to me, and of course I am looking forward to fulfilling your expectations and wishes in that regard.
The first two months have been important to orientate myself and see how “board life” functions. But as I have been serving as Regional Director Europe since 2015, I am not totally new in this field. It was important for me to reorganize my team of Regional Directors as fast as possible and now I present to you the four Regional Directors:
- Asia: Anita Lukose from India
- Africa/Middle East: Ahmed Maged Ali from Egypt (new)
- Europe: Timme Hendriksen from Netherlands (new)
- North America: Lucie Parrot from Canada
All four colleagues have huge experience in VA/VE/VM and are linked to SAVE activities for several years.
I would like to encourage all SAVE members to take advantage of this organization – please contact one of us whenever there is a question, a proposal or even a critical point. We are here to support the VA/VE methodology as well as support members to incorporate and execute the methodology. There is a lot to learn from each other and, besides the fun of dealing with foreign people and cultures, there is a real benefit to our daily work and for our Value Society.
Although the 2022 Value Summit is still very clear in our memories, be sure to take advantage of other events that will take place abroad:
- Join Value Analysis Canada for Delivering Value Through Diversity, our annual symposium being held virtually October 4-6, 2022. An early bird price is available until September 16. Learn from Value Management (VM) success stories and training sessions on how to use VM to deliver value to government, industry and society with diverse teams, perspectives and ideas. Refer to Value Analysis Canada for more details. Reserve October 4-6 in your calendar to learn how Value can be created and delivered with VM and diversity.
- The Valuemanagers Summit takes place in Graz, Austria on 13 October 2022 and is a highly professional in-person conference. In 2022 it will have its second venue in the mainframe of www.globalvaluecreators.org combining four conferences as one big event with more than 50 top speakers. The Valuemanagers Summit contains ten highly interesting presentations from experts all over the world, and all presentations are in the English language. Further information can be found at www.valuemanagers.org/valuemanagers-summit.
Please visit the SAVE website as well as Value World to check other upcoming events. Also, if you would like to have an event added to the SAVE website, please click here to submit your event information for review and posting.
Good success and stay well!