By Michael Pearsall, P.Eng., CVS, CVM, FICE, FEC – Vice President – Conferences, SAVE International
There are no limits to value in Austin and there should be no limits to how much you can get out of the 2018 Value Summit.
A question that I am often asked these days is “Why should I (or my staff) go to the Value Summit?” A valid question and one I would like to address further in this column by telling you about my top 5 reasons:
- First and foremost, this is the premier yearly activity of your value society and the main event for you to participate in the value world.
- This is the best and easiest way to get professional development units (PDUs) toward recertification.
- This is a great way to keep up on the current happenings and developments in the value world.
- If you are looking for quality value methodology-oriented training, this is the place to get it.
- Networking, networking, networking! This is an easy way to maintain and build your network of like-minded individuals.
So far, I am happy to report that over 110 smart souls have already registered for the 2018 Value Summit with more registrations coming in daily. If we continue at this rate we may face the same happy situation we did in 2016 where we exceeded our booked capacity. Have you registered yet?
We also work hard to offer quality pre- and post-Summit training courses. I am very pleased to announce that the Value Methodology Fundamentals 1 (VMF 1) and Value Methodology Fundamentals 2 (VMF 2) courses are a definite go for this year with our minimum enrollment met. Some other courses, such as Risk Management for Value Practitioners and Stretching the Value Methodology, have also passed the minimum enrollment. However, some courses are still at risk if we don’t soon pass the minimum enrollment. If you are considering taking for a pre- or post-Summit course and haven’t registered yet, please do so as soon as possible and before May 25.
I am also pleased to see that a couple more sponsors have stepped up to support the event. Sponsorship is very important – without it, we cannot have a quality event at a reasonable cost. This is your Society and it needs your support. I am putting a special call out this month to get a sponsor for our scanners – we need this technology to help record the PDUs and we need your help to bring it back again this year. Please visit www.valuesummit2018.org/sponsorship to see what opportunities are available.
Your 2018 Value Summit program committee is continuing to work at hard planning a great event. Please plan on being in Austin, Texas from June 9-12, 2018 for this year’s Value Summit.